Wood Training now offers online delivery for a range of courses
These online courses need to be completed on a computer or laptop and require an internet connection.
Every course will have a dedicated forum where users can ask for help of any kind. We appreciate that it might be a difficult transition for some users to move from face to face learning to an online course. If you would like to speak to a subject matter expert to discuss parts of the course content, this can be arranged by posting a question in the help forum.
To assist you with deciding if online will suit your needs as opposed to attending our courses, the following is a checklist of what you need to be able to successfully engage in online learning. You need to:
- Be comfortable and confident with basic computer skills such as emails, attaching files, and using the internet.
- Have good levels of literacy (i.e. NCEA Level 1 equivalence)
- Have access to a resource person to help you with basic computer help, in case you get stuck
- Have access to a stable broadband internet connection
- Have an email address
- Have access to a computer with:
- at least 1 GB RAM and enough hard drive space
- modern web browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari
- a PDF reader like Adobe Acrobat reader
The booking process is very similar to our face to face workshops. To arrange for yourself or your employees to undertake training, follow the process outlined below.
Our online courses come in a range of sizes depending on the amount of work required to complete the course material. Some courses will be longer because they require practical tasks to be completed on-job and evidence collected and submitted to our online platform.
- Bite sized courses: These are tiny courses designed to be completed in a day.
- Short courses: These courses are designed to be completed in only a few days.
- Full courses: These courses are designed to be completed across a few weeks. These courses will have a dedicated tutor to answer queries and help give guidance for the practical tasks.
To learn more about each kind of course we offer and to see which course we currently have available, click on the course types below: