Wood Training provides world-class online workplace training across New Zealand. Learn at your own pace from your workplace or at home across a range of our popular courses.
Our online courses have been developed so that you can actively engage with the content, as opposed to a webinar (a passive online seminar).
During your course, you’ll be presented multiple ways of engaging with the learning material from reading resources to completing activities. You complete the course at your own pace, as many times as you need, until you feel ready to complete the online assesment and access your completion certificate.
Course lengths differ, from bite sized online training which can take between 1-4 hours to complete to short courses which take up to 10 hours to complete and may require practical tasks to be completed on-job.
Each course has a dedicated forum where you can reach out for help and assistance around the course content, accessing the course or any technical support. Speaking to a subject matter expert on different parts of the course is as easy as posting a question to the forum.
Are there any online course requirements?
Yes, some online courses have some prerequisites along with the following guidelines for all available courses:
- You must be comfortable and confident with basic computer skills such as emails, attaching files, and using the internet.
- Have good levels of literacy (i.e. NCEA Level 1 equivalence).
- Have access to a resource person to help you with basic computer help, in case you get stuck.
- Have access to a stable broadband internet connection and an email address.
- Have access to a computer with: at least 1 GB RAM and enough hard drive space, modern web browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari and a PDF reader like Adobe Acrobat reader.
- The refresher courses may require an attestation from your workplace and so you will need access to a supervisor to sign confirming your continued competency in a range of practical skills. Requirements are outlined in the Course Outline. Contact us if fulfilling this requirement maybe an issue. Demonstration of skills may be able to be undertaken at our facility (cost additional).
How To Register for Wood Training Online?
You can register for our online courses, the same way you would register for any Wood Training course, by completing the enquiry form or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll then discuss any pre-requisite checks and will provide you with an enrolment key and full instructions on how to access your online course.
Will I still receive a certificate?
Yes, at the completion of the course, you will immediately receive a completion badge which you can display and use online (or add to your online wallet). This badge is not a formal certificate, which you can expect to receive 10 working days after the completion of the course.