Thank you for using Wood Training. We are committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information you provide to us during your use of our website, through our training, and/or any verbal or written communication that occurs between us. This Privacy Statement outlines how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information.
This Statement applies to our obligations under the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020.
Who we are
Wood Training is a New Zealand registered limited liability company and our registered business name is: M & O Pacific Ltd. We operate this website www.woodtraining.co.nz and all pages within this domain.
By using our website, you accept the terms of this Statement. You also consent to us collecting, storing, and using your personal information for the purposes for which you provided it.
The information we collect
We collect personally identifiable information from you when you:
- Complete an online form about booking training
- Register for our newsletter
- Download our catalogue
- Apply for an account with us
- Enrol to train with us
We also collect personal information contained in any verbal or written communications between you and us, such as:
- during telephone conversations
- via email messaging
The information we collect includes:
- your name
- your email address
- your telephone number(s)
- your physical address
- invoicing information
- purchase information
- Training background to meet entry into courses
- Birthdate for identity purposes
- Demographics including ethnicity
- Citizenship status
- National Student Index (NSI)
Providing some information is optional but if you choose not to provide required information, we will be unable to provide our services to you.
We collect your personal information in order to
- communicate with you, including responding to your feedback and information provided in submission forms
- administer, evaluate and improve our site and our training
- improve our services
- conduct administrative tasks within our business
- enable your use of the services available on our website
- send you relevant commercial communications via email and/or other messaging
- send you email notifications and our client newsletter that you have specifically requested
- send you marketing communications relating to our business, that you have specifically previously agreed to, or which we think may be of interest to you (you can opt out of these marketing communications at any time)
- deal with enquiries and complaints made in relation to our website, content, or suppliers
- for any other purpose for which you give your consent e.g. entering a training course
Unless you give us permission to reuse your personal information, we only hold this information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was provided. We then destroy or de-identify personal information unless we are otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
We also collect non-identifiable information, when you engage with our website, such as:
- Your device ID, device type and information, geo-location information, Internet Protocol (IP) address and standard web log information. This information is manged with regular rotational purges.
- We use Google Analytics software to help measure traffic patterns to, from, and within our website. This service is used to anonymously aggregate website statistics such as number of page views, the number of visitors, time spent on our site, browser types, and common entry and exit points into and from the website. All information is aggregated by Google Analytics and provided to us to help us better understand usage of our website – no individual visitors are identified. Google Analytics is a leader in the industry and their systems have been adopted as an accepted website traffic measurement standard amongst major websites. You can learn more about Google Analytics by visiting the following links:
- In addition to Google Analytics, we use other third-party email marketing tools to track how our website performs to make sure we are constantly improving our services. These thirdparty sources cannot identify you. All sources are secure and private and are only accessed by Mailchimp. These third-party marketing sources will never contact you directly or share your data for their own purposes.
- Email Marketing
Currently we hold a secure account with marketing service Mailchimp. Please see their Privacy Statement here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Social Media Advertising
Currently we use Facebook. Please see their Privacy Statement here:
- Booking Roster is an online booking system. Their privacy Statement is here:
- We use Job Ready as our Student Management System – this is where your details and your results are stored. Job Ready privacy statement is here:
https://www.readytech.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/ReadyTech- Group- Privacy-Policy-2020-11-23.pdf
- Job Ready security information is here: https://www.jobready.com.au/security/
- We use Xero for accounting. Their privacy notice is here:
- We use a Moodle platform for our online learning. Their privacy statement is here: Privacy Notice
- Cookies are small files that a website can send to your computer which can be stored on your hard drive (persistent cookies) or in memory (session cookies). Cookies store information about your preferences on a particular website and can remain on your computer once you have exited from that website.
- Unique Identifiers — we assign unique identifiers to your enrolment through our Student management System Job Ready. This is an internal identifier only assigned by the system and is not used for any other purpose.
Disclosure of personal information
We do not and will never disclose any personal information you provide to us to any outside parties without your permission, unless it is necessary for us to do so in order to carry out ourservice to you, for example with our:
- trusted business partners
- service providers such as our web host, IT system administrators and professional advisors
- software providers such as customer relationship management and accounting software
- contractors who work with us to provide specific services
- New Zealand Qualifications Authority to report credits and results
- Ministry of Education to report demographics
- Our Student Handbook also indicates how we use data as well as our Terms and Conditions
- If your training is paid for by your employer, your progress and outcomes of training may be shared with them or otherwise as required by law.
Your personal information will only ever be disclosed to third parties here in New Zealand such as the Ministry of Education or the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (or outside of New Zealand such as OPITO training register) who have agreed to treat your personal information in a manner consistent with New Zealand’s privacy laws.
Security of information
We employ all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. We hold your personal information digitally in secure databases operated by our third-party service providers. Hard copies of assessment and registration forms are contained within a locked secure facility and are regularly destroyed according to NZQA Information Data requirements.
Access to your information within our organisation is limited to employees that are entitled to access this information as a requirement of their role.
Our website uses secure sockets layer (SSL) technology which establishes an encrypted link between our web server and a user’s web browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browser remain private. However, by using our site, you acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet, regardless of how securely we store your data.
Personal information that you visibly publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to other sites such as our parent company Wood, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the accuracy or the privacy practices of such sites. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected on this website and/or in any verbal or written communication that occurs between us.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you would like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at the details provided at the bottom of this page.
If at any time you would like to opt out of receiving any correspondence from us, or would like your personally identifiable information removed from our database, please contact us using the details at the bottom of this page and we will honour your request.
Amendments to our Statement
We may, from time to time, amend this Privacy Statement. Any changes will be effective immediately upon the updating of this Privacy Statement on our website. Following any changes, should you continue to use our services, it will be deemed that you have agreed to such changes.
Making a complaint
If you believe your privacy has been breached or if you have a complaint about our handling of your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
We take privacy complaints seriously. If you make a complaint, we aim to respond within 5 business days to acknowledge your complaint at which time we will let you know how long we will take to resolve your complaint. We will investigate your complaint and write to you to explain our decision as soon as practicable.
How to contact us
If you would like to know more about how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
Phone: 06 751 1101
Address: 26 Manadon Street, New Plymouth